JOIN OUR TEAM
Check out our current vacancies or feel free to send us an application of interest.
Would it change your work life if you could work for an Electrical Company that paid top dollar, gave you the opportunity to progress, valued your input, provided training, showed genuine appreciation and was just good fun?
For most, the answer is a big FAT YES…but finding an Electrical company that gets how to treat people right seems harder than it should be…so what gives?
The thought of changing jobs and earning a bit more money could help. The extra money was nice to start with, but you want more than just a paycheck.”
If this sounds at all familiar, you will be happy to know it does not have to be that way.
Here is why…
We have been in business for 45 years and to be honest, in those first few years, we were just another company that tried to hire people for an extra dollar rather than really looking into making our business a great place to work. We realised we needed to look inside the company for change – to become the best Electrical Company and to create the kind of workplace we could be proud of…and that people genuinely enjoyed working at.
So, we did it better.
We have grown a skilled and motivated team of Electricians who are in it for the long term. With everything we do we focus on our core values, company culture, and communication and we invest in training to continually upskill our staff. We challenge our team to be better than the rest, and to provide the best service to our clients. We meet regularly to discuss jobs and workloads, how we can improve the business and our team’s working experience.
The biggest change has been that we know that sharing our success and thanking people for their hard work is vital to having a great team.
We know it can be daunting to move on. Perhaps you are comfortable but how long are you happy to carry on feeling unfulfilled? Maybe you’re moving and want a fresh start? Or maybe you are thinking ‘what if it doesn’t work out? We hear you. But if like me you have a sense that you are worth more, and you believe in doing things better, then now might be the right time to make a change.
With so many satisfied clients our business is growing, and we need an Experienced Registered Electrician who is an A player with proven experience in managing sites, electrical maintenance, great fault-finding skills, communication skills, leadership skills, and a team player and good with clients. We stand behind being the best place to work and we have included the benefits we offer for the right person:
- Earn $33 – $40plus per hour – we pay top rates (depending on what you bring to the table).
- Personal Fuel Card
- Overalls, wet weather gear and boots provided – we have just got flash new uniforms too!
- Mobile Allowance (which means you can choose your own phone!)
- A paid day off for your birthday.
- Beers, barbeques, and an active social club.
- Exposure to a wide variety of interesting and challenging work will develop your skills and experience. You certainly will not be stuck doing the same thing day after day
We are careful about who we hire. We have to be to maintain our team culture. Here is what we would like to see from you.
- Be a New Zealand Qualified and current Registered Electrician.
- Electrical Industrial Maintenance experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience with both residential construction and maintenance work would help.
- Be able to work unsupervised, run your own jobs and train apprentices.
- Customer focus
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Take pride in your work and go the extra mile to make sure the job is top-notch.
- Great people skills both with fellow workmates and customers.
- Have a clean full Driver’s license (manual).
- Have a clean police record.
If you think you have what it takes then apply now via Seek with a copy of your CV and a brief covering letter (with a photo of yourself) telling us why you are the right person for the job.
Now, if you are not looking right now yourself but you have a mate who is we offer a $500 referral fee when we hire the person you refer. The only condition is that they work with us for at least 3 months…we do not want any muppets!
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position.
The application is ongoing.
We look forward to talking with you.
Chris and Chantelle French
Why Choose Us
Our highly qualified team at French Electrical have the creative know-how, and only use the industry’s best products.
From planning through to conception, our aim is to deliver a clear strategy to achieve your electrical needs.
We’re invested in our future. We believe in sustainable practices, to save you money and the earth at the same time. For more on our practices, give us a call today.