We recognise that your home is your pride and the setting where you cultivate your way of life, and we want to help you enjoy it even more. Rain or shine, with the louvre roofs, you can sit back and enjoy outdoor living from the comfort of your deck.
If you are in the market for the perfect addition to your outdoor space, continue reading more about louvre roofs, including what they are, how they function, and why they would be a great addition to your patio or balcony.
Louvre roof – what is it, and how does it work?
The simple technology used in shutters for a century has been modified and introduced for the louvre roof. A set of closely spaced, horizontal slats connected on two rails, also sometimes referred to as louvres (or levers). One fixed rail serves as a fulcrum, and the other can be swung open or closed by pulling a lever that moves back and forth.
These systems give you control over how much light you let through a wall or roof. Louvres provided by French Electrical are suitable for overhead outdoor roofs and fencing.
Louvre Roof Benefits
French Electrical provides a variety of benefits for any outdoor space. Modern, stylish, versatile, innovative – you name it. These outdoor solutions are designed to complement any style of the house thanks to their simple forms and sophisticated finish.
The numerous advantages of having a louvre roof are:
- More living space – If your outdoor space is available to use and welcoming at the same time louvre roof will make it look larger. You can start thinking of your outside area as an additional room in the house rather than a luxury that you can only use when Auckland’s notoriously unpredictable weather cooperates.
- Energy efficiency – Your energy costs may be reduced if the louvre system is installed close to the house, on a balcony or connecting patio. Louvre roofs may be adjusted to shade your sliding glass doors or panoramic windows in the heat of the summer or to let more sunshine in during cooler months. In any case, you are using less of your indoor climate control system and spending less money on it.
- Flexibility – Louvre roofs can be closed to block rain or harsh sunlight or opened to let in more natural light.
- Ventilation – Louvre roofs can have a significant impact on the amount of airflow in your outdoor space.
- Added home value – Due to its simple installation and low cost, your new louvre roof will not require significant renovation, but it will undoubtedly have the same effect. Increased living space also improves the aesthetics and comfort of your outside area and gives you more options for social gatherings. All this will add value to your property, making louvre roofs an attractive option for those wanting to get more from a house they plan to put on the market.
French Electrical provides innovative, technologically advanced, and green solutions to improve the home environment and make your life easier. Adding a louvre system to the outdoor space gives it the style and comfort it deserves. Curious to know how louvres will fit into your home? Request a hassle-free quote today.